Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Impeach Cheney


Okay, that's enough. Impeaching our megalomaniacal president without first impeaching Dick Cheney would be foolhardy. I've added a button on the bottom sidebar to let you vote yes or no on the issue yourself. Please do so, whatever you believe. It can't hurt. It might help.

Listening to Al Gore's no-holds-barred The Assault on Reason (from audible.com) has convinced me to get up off my virtual backside and take this small action. My blog will not become a political one, but I can no longer just do nothing. I firmly believe that 19 more months of our being "led" by a president about whom history will indubitably describe as having done more damage to our country than any of our enemies combined--well, that's unacceptable.

From Assault: "The damage to be undone is vast, but the cost of continuing to perpetuate that damage is, literally, incalculable."

Button's at the bottom of the right hand sidebar or just click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

Hey, got an interesting comment from someone saying that they were impressed with my NECC2007 Podcasting sessioin but adding "Radical Left Wing Tangents was not a good choice." I'm so happy the comment writer enjoyed the session, but unfortunately I have a policy of not publishing anonymouns comments. If you'd like to repost with an identity I'd be pleased to publish it. As I said in my post I don't want this blog to be a political one, for a number of reasons, but I am all for chatting in this single post about the damage our barely-elected (if true) president has done and continues to do to our nation and to the future it may offer for our children. Just 12 hours before I'm posting this comment, ex-Reagan administration Assoc. Attorney General Bruce Fein issued a scathing call to impeach, opining that "Cheney has dulled political accountability and concocted theories for evading the law and Constitution that would have embarrassed King George III." See http://rawstory.com/news/2007/ExReagan_Deputy_Attorney_General_Impeach_Cheney_0628.html (can't drop a link into a comment) for a link to Fein's statement.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard about H Res 333? I urge you and your readers to take a few minutes to look at:

http://www.usalone.com/cgi-bin/transparency.cgi?paper=1&qnum=pet45

It's a list of the 25 most recent comments made by real Americans participating in an online poll/letter-writing campaign concerning the impeachment charges recently filed against Vice President Cheney, which are now being evaluated by the House Judiciary Committee. Comments can be sent to elected representatives and local newspapers at your option. The participation page is at:

http://www.usalone.com/cheney_impeachment.php

Since this campaign began, several members of Congress have signed on as co-sponsors, in part due to hearing from their constituents. Has yours? Make your voice heard, and let others know!