Monday, July 23, 2007

A GREAT Day in the "Web 2.0 for Us" Workshop

I have to admit I was freakin' out last night--what if the model doesn't work, what if my theory that smart and creative teachers given time to explore tools will become energized and enthusiastic is all balderdash and tommyrot, what if our internet connection goes down, what if, what if, what if...?

Well, predictably, I suppose, the day came, the moments of excitement came and went, and it all worked out the way it should have. See the results of the first day from the USN Web 2.0 for Us workshop here. Especially check out the Report-Out pages on the wiki. Very good stuff.

Kudos to my friend David Warlick who came in via Skype video (we lost our own video due to some un-troubleshootable problem with my webcam and my laptop, but we forged ahead) to deliver most of a marvelous talk of his about Web 2.0 and Literacy. See the page he created for it here. Wow, I say, just Wow.

No comments: