Monday, July 02, 2007

My Brother's Website

Heavy sigh.

I have two brothers by birth and I love them both dearly. We've been through some times together, we have. That said, I've been blessed with another brother in my life: my dearest, closest, most distant brother, James Morrison. He's a poet, an actor, a musician, a daddy, a seeker, a producer, a director, and he's as close to my heart as anyone in the world. Heck, he taught me to juggle, ya'll.
Aside from Jimmy's most recent gig on Fox's 24, he's done a great deal of work over a good many years. Funny how people meet and bond; but spending time with Jimmy as apprentices in the Alaska Repertory Theatre's fledgling apprentice troupe, improvising imaginary journeys for schoolchildren in Anchorage, Alaska, may have directed my life in more profound ways than I can say. He's recently revised his website "Links" page to send people here, to my "life's work." Funny.
Go to his own website to get a taste of the most remarkable artist I've ever known, the kindest, gentlest, most centered human you'll ever hope to meet. He's my son's godfather, and I'm his son's. Does that make us "godbrothers?"




No comments: