Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Great Moments

I often promise myself not to use my blog for political commentary. Who am I to comment on the political ebbings and tidings of American politics. Wow. Did I say "ebbings and tidings?" I must have been influenced by recently viewing a YouTube video compilation of some of the best of the best from David Letterman's "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches" spot.

The answer is, of course, that I'm nobody. But I am somebody who was so impressed by Barack Obama's speech on Race and Politics in America yesterday that I have to applaud it out loud here. I'm hoping against hope that the upcoming years of our America can be characterized more by Obama's level of candor and sincerity, intellect and introspection, and genuine commitment to change than by our current leader's perhaps not so inadvertent obfuscation. Whether you are for him or against him, any effort to discount his eloquence is doomed to failure.

Hope with me.

Cheers,
Scott

No comments: