Thursday, January 15, 2009

Opening Night! and USN Parent Workshop on Teens and the Internet



It's opening night! Can't WAIT to see the whole play, though I'll of course be focused on me boy-o as Young York.

In other news, I had a wonderful chat--along with USN Tech Director Kathy Weiczerza and Middle School Tech Coordinator Jake Wilson, after school yesterday--with 8 or 10 parents of USN 7th graders, on the topic of Teenagers and the Internet. In preparation for that, I created a free wiki at http://usn7thparentsnight.wikispaces.com to use as both a presentation tool and as a repository for further dialog. Please feel free to visit that site and use the "Edit this page" link on any page to which you'd like to contribute (especially the "Questions" and the "Comments" pages!

Thanks to the parents who came by. This was truly an enjoyable experience for me, since I'm one of you. I'm all to familiar with how challenging it can be for a parent, even one as geeky as I, to keep up with socio-technological change and I deeply appreciate your concern and your contributions to my own learning...

1 comment:

Scott said...

The opening night performance of Richard III was a BLAST. I can confess now that I had my doubts about how the Vaudeville thing would work with the play, and the wonder of it all is that it turns this complex, often hard to follow tragedy into something even bigger than itself. I'm not going to signal anyone out, but this cast is STELLAR! You just have to see it to believe it. DON'T MISS IT!