Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jeff Pointek Selected ISTE2010 Keynote

Hawaii Technology Academy's Jeff Pointek has been selected to open up ISTE 2010 in Denver, Colorado June 27-July 2. The selection process gave all 85,000+ members of ISTE a voice in the pick, and I didn't vote for him: I personally wanted Chris Lehmann to open up onstage about his creative and forward-thinking work at Philadephia's Science Leadership Academy. However, I will admit that Pointek was a close runner-up for my vote, since he is the one keynote nominee I have not seen or heard present. Heck, ISTE stacked the deck for success with a tidy collection of stellar options that included the two I've already mentioned, along with Alan November, Peter H. Reynolds, and Gary Stager. I'm glad that democracy has had its way and we should have a stirring keynote address from Jeff Pointek to light the fire in Denver.

There's been a bit of twitterbuzz the past couple days following the announcement, as folks try unsuccessfully to find an article referenced during the selection process, and to streamline things I'll embed what is not actually an "article" but a web "artifact," Pointek's slideshare entitled:



See you in Denver!!!

No comments: