The path to register is a bit long and circuitous, set up as it is mostly for children's summer camp opportunities, but I hope the following directions will help:
- Visit the Summer Camps website
- Click on Register Now
- Select Adult from the pull-down menu
- Scroll down and check the box for Social Media and Web2.0 for Educators!
- Create an account as a Non-USN StudentFollow the prompts to select payment options and register!
- If all this is too daunting, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header, "I want to learn Web2.0 this summer!"
07/19/2010 - 07/23/2010$225
Adults 18 and upSocial Media and Web2.0 for Educators!
- Instructor: Scott Merrick
8:30 - 12:00
Come spend a week of half-days with Scott Merrick, University School of Nashville's Lower School Technology Coordinator for 11 years and ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) Core Volunteer Leader. We'll get hands-on experience with social media of all kinds every day and explore the life-long learning potentials that these offer the tech-savvy educator. Scott will guide you through the intricacies of social bookmarking, media sharing, blogging, and podcasting. You will leave the workshop with your very own Professional Learning Network jump-started and energized for the future, wondering why you didn't get started with it sooner but glad that it's underway.
See you in the summer!