Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Teacher of the Future" for NAIS


Hey, all,

Just received word that I've been selected as one of 20 members of the "Teacher of the Future" collaborative at the National Association of Independent Schools. It's a huge honor for me and a huge surprise. I thank the NAIS for its confidence in me and I am flattered to think that the modest innovation I have brought to the field of education deserves this kind of notice.

Thanks to all my Personal Learning Network, at my physical workspace, in my home, on Twitter, Facebook, EduBloggers, Second Life, ReactionGrid, ISTE, and everyotherwhere I hang out, lurking to learn, contributing as I can. Part of the deal is a subsidized trip to an Apple Learning Institute, and I'll likely be in Boston the end of July for a couple of days for that. What a treat that will be!

Stay tuned for more, and you can see the NAIS site for a bit more on the ToF program.

2 comments:

LAlconcel said...

Congrats, Scott! This is wonderful! You deserve it!! I know you will keep us posted about the Apple Learning experience, too!

Jane Wilde in RL/Esme Qunhua in SL said...

I am proud to call you a friend and fellow lurker in learning!