Sunday, October 31, 2010

Utopian Visions? Possibilities? Something...Virtual Pioneers Closing Keynote October 30, 2010

Thanks to the folks who attended my closing keynote for the two-day Virtual Pioneers History Conference in Second Life last evening. Spiff/Andy had asked me to close with some visions for the future of education, and I kind of went wild. Though one attendee rather rudely backchatted his boredom during the opening wrap up and summary, I appear to have stifled his criticism, at least to some degree, with the following presentation. I spiffed it up (pun intended) a bit after subsequent dinner conversation with my lovely wife, who serves up the best pushback from the point of view of a parent and educator. The backchat text file is at http://goo.gl/xiro .

Here 'tis. I may add some audio, but for now as you view it you should likely put on the Beatles "Revolution" or virtually any Ratatat, either one played very loud...

2 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilia said...

Hi Scott,
Thanks for an inspiring discussion on these thought provoking ideas for the future of education. It was a great way to end two days of equally inspirational presentations/field trips to SL locations and other grids to see what can be done to bring education out of the traditional setting and into a realm of creativity and endless possibilities.