Saturday, December 25, 2010

Son to the Boy!

Just in time for Christmas, my dear pal James Morrison, recording as James Paige Morrison to satisfy industry protocol in the light of that Country Music interloper who shares his moniker, has released "Son to the Boy," an amazing, masterful, musically and lyrically rich assortment of jewels from his thoughtful, caring, loving, introspective, and humorous mind. CD Baby has yet to get their gift certificate act together or all of you would be getting one from me. This is true listening pleasure, ya'll, and I highly encourage you to gift yourself its magic.

Of particular note (though there's not a lacking cut on the recording) is "Lifeguard Girl," an airy fantasy that features the underlying current of my lovely daughter, Miranda, who flew out to L.A. to help with that cut. I'm proud--proud of her, proud of my brother-from-another-mother, and proud of you for taking the time to check out

No comments: