Monday, January 09, 2012

Happy 2012, ya'll, and welcome to a new year of renewed dedication to blogging my head off. 


I've recently begun working on a piece of writing to document my work in K12 distance learning and I'm working-titling it 
The Necessaries: Essential Components for Best Practices in Online K12 Education


In doing so, I realize that I need to write both universally and specifically, but my overriding goal is to create something both personal and professional, sort of like this blog, that will help others emulate and improve upon our efforts here in Nashville, Tennessee. I won't be sharing the text itself as I work, but I will be pulling out snippets to share as I progress. My rough draft begins with a set of numbered (though not necessarily sequentially) bullets:

  1. Humanware
  2. Vision
  3. Funding
  4. Cooperation/Interfunctionality with Existing Systems
  5. Learning Management System
  6. Monitoring and Support Procedures
  7. Marketing
  8. Facilities
  9. Hardware
I'll be adding to these and possibly merging some of them into headings, but call the alarm, I'm getting started. Wish me luck.

See our work at http://vlearn.mnps.org, a website I created, maintain, and continue to improve (hopefully) as we proceed.

No comments: