Skip to main content

My Outrageous ISTE12 Schedule

Using the ISTE "conference planner," I've developed a game plan for ISTE12 in San Diego starting on Saturday. There are many many conflicts--a strategy I've developed over the years so that I have a reference at my fingertips for making ad hoc decisions about which wonderful opportunity to embrace; and there are many many sessions, workshops, and networking opportunities I have yet to discover and embrace, but here's a start on't. Hope to see you there!

After the conference I am spending one evening with friend Lisa Linn and her husband, then Thursday I'm boarding a train for a lovely ride up the coast to Ojai, California, where I'll spend some quality time with my dear friend/brother Jimmy and his son, my godson Seamus, and their beautiful wife and mom, Riad.

Like I said in the last post, this'll be the shizzzzzzzzz.


For you verbal learners, here's the thing in words:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, June 23
7:00-10:00pm
San Diego Padres Game Saturday
SDCC Tours and Transportation Desk
NOTES: Paid Reg
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, June 24
8:00am-12:00pm
Leadership Symposium
6A
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:30-7:00pm
Sir Ken Robinson
Exhibit Hall B1
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7:00-8:30pm
Learning with the World: Global Collaborative Learning through Projects
SDCC Halls DE Lobby
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:30-10:30pm
President's Reception
Hilton Bayfront
----------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, June 25
8:00am-4:00pm
Games & Simulations Arcade
SDCC Sails Pavilion
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:00am-4:00pm
Virtual Environments Playground
SDCC Sails Pavilion
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:30-9:30am
SIGOL (Online Learning) Annual Meeting
SDCC 7A
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:30-9:30am
Blending Real and Virtual Immersive Ecosystem Experiences: EcoMUVE and EcoMOBILE
SDCC 26B
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
12:45-1:45pm
Spreading the Word: Eight Ways to Start Conversations around Change
SDCC 6F
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
12:45-1:45pm
Creativity is the Killer App
SDCC 6A
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4:15-6:15pm
SIGOL Forum: Trends and Issues in Online Learning
SDCC 11
NOTES: Time Conflict, Unpaid Reg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:30-6:45pm
SIGVE (Virtual Environments) Gathering
SDCC Sails Pavilion
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6:30-8:00pm
SIGOL Reception
SDCC West Terrace
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7:30-10:30pm
Google Party
Proper Pub
NOTES: Time Conflict
----------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, June 26
7:00-8:15am
Volunteer Leadership Breakfast
SDCC 6A
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
9:30-10:30am
SIGADMIN thing with Andy
tba
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10:00am-12:00pm
Partnering for Project-Based Learning: Student Technology Showcase
SDCC Halls DE Lobby
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1:00-3:00pm
Integrating a Flight Simulation Environment in the Classroom
SDCC Halls DE Lobby
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2:00-3:00pm
A Broader Perspective on Data: Infographics and Visualization
SDCC 6E
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3:30-4:30pm
Oba private invite session
San Diego Marriott & Marina in the Del Mar meeting room.
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3:45-4:45pm
The Steep Unlearning Curve: Rethinking Schools, Classrooms, and Learning
SDCC Ballroom 20CD
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:00-6:15pm
Designing New Spaces for Learning
SDCC 8
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:00-6:15pm
PBL Birds of a Feather
SDCC 9
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:30-7:30pm
Pearson Dinner for MNPS
Hotel Solamar
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:30-7:30pm
Pearson Dinner for MNPS
Hotel Solamar
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5:30-7:30pm
SIGVE Machinima Fest
SDCC 5
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:00-9:30pm
Goodbye Don and Anita party
Omni Hotel - Pool Deck
----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, June 27
8:00am-3:00pm
Online Learning Institute co-sponsored by ETLO / ISTE / SREB
Omni Hotel Grand Ballroom A
NOTES: Time Conflict, Paid Reg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8:30-9:30am
The Hero's Journey: World of Warcraft in the Classroom
SDCC 10
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
9:00am-1:00pm
Interactive Videoconferencing Playground
SDCC Sails Pavilion
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10:15-11:15am
Beyond Literacy & Numeracy in the Digital Age
SDCC 6F
NOTES: Time Conflict
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
11:45am-12:45pm
The Future of the Flipped Classroom
SDCC 7B
NOTES: Time Conflict

Unscheduled Items
----------------------------------------------------------------
SIGADMIN thing with Andy
tba
Visit NBC Learn
booth(s) 5331

Comments

Anonymous said…
Look forward to seeing you at the NBC Learn booth. Thanks for making time to fit us into your outrageous ISTE 2012 schedule.

Michael, Chris, Cara, Steve, and Mike (The NBC Learn Team)

Popular posts from this blog

Periscoping a Fall Walk across Nashville's Pedestrian Bridge

On my final day of Fall Break, which I spent mostly knocking out home-focused honey-do items (though I did get to Marrowbone Lake for one morning of fishing), I decided to take a walk over the John L. Seigenthaler Memorial Bridge. I had never done it before! My goal was to take a 360 panorama for my little side project, Nashville360VR, which has been suffering lately from my dedication to my new job at Warner Enhanced Elementary School. I did that, and on a whim I Periscoped it. Here's the video of that which I saved locally. Folks popped in and out--I don't think I had more than 20 or so concurrent viewers, but all in all I received 251 peeks over the 13 or so minutes or so of the 'cast. You won't see chat or comments (or hearts :), but you can view the video. Here:

Thanks to 'scopers for dropping in. And thanks to the powers-that-be for such a gorgeous Friday afternoon!

Here are a couple normal "pano" shots I took on my iPhone:



That is all. Oh...

If yo…

THE BEST ISTE EVER: Day 4 Reflections

I'll get a start on it. Day 4 was the bomb. Here's the "moneyshot" again  to prove it:

Tuesday morning I actually slept in until 7:30, had a good workout, and dressed smartly for my photo shoot at 11:20. I'd been asked by ISTE to be a poser and you know me, I couldn't resist. But that did mean I was in slacks and had to haul my blue blazer around all day. That's okay though, I look forward to recognizing myself in some upcoming issue of Learning and Leading with Technology. If you check out last month's issue you'll see Andy Wheelock's personable self gracing the inside front cover--like that. You should also catch Andy's article from the May L&LT: http://www.learningandleading-digital.com/learning_leading/201205?pg=5#pg28

I actually had a sit  down breakfast at the Hilton's Riverwalk restaurant, and the breakfast wrap was good but I never had a coffee refill and no one actually checked in with me at any time. I had to flag down a …

The Dreamers Exhibit in Second Life

Wow. I had a fantastic hour early this morning while my lovely was sleeping and the canine brutes were resting in front of the fireplace. Lured by the login page's description, I tp'd over to the site, which promised a celebration of peace in the face of violence. 
The description of the project begins:
Because violence will not take away our ability to dream!
When we were just beginning to create this project, the events of Charlottesville happened. Our hearts stopped. We cannot do this - we thought - we must alert to the political situation we live in! The danger of tyranny. The danger of environmental disaster. The danger of xenophobia, sexism, homophobia. The danger of hate! But then we stopped.From within us came this beach, this horizon. This sea, this lake, these white clouds grew. No! We will not give up on The Dreamers. We will not give up on beauty. They will not steal the beauty of the world. They will not steal tenderness. They will not steal the life we have left.A…