Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ISTE 2013 Post 8: Last Day of ISTE Proper

Well it's late, and I'm packed to store my luggage at the Westin Riverwalk desk when I check out at 7:30 in the morning. Why do I need to check out so early? Simple. The Online Learning Institute.

When I tell people that I've dedicate my entire final day to this event I invariably get the concerned look. I have taken to explaining "Last year I attended, resentfully for that reason, but you know what? It was the highlight of my ISTE."

Read why at http://scottmerrick.blogspot.com/2012/06/online-learning-institute-2012.html , and hopefully again right here after the event. The agenda for this event is here.

I'll go on record saying that if this event can be described as the highlight of my ISTE I'll eat my shoe. I have high hopes for it, but I cannot imagine that it will trump the EPIC Leadership: Beyond the Hype of Gamification event Sunday morning, or the SIGOL (Online Learning) "SIGOL Forum: Connect, Collaborate, and Create with a MOOC!," or Jane McGonigal's awesome opening keynote, or the SIGVE Virtual Environments Playground, or the hugs from friends I only see once a year.

No no, it won't trump any of those events, but I'm so looking forward to it.


We find ourselves amazed. Last year, I was able to reflect on the train to Ojai. This year I don't have that option, so I'll do so at my back end vacation with my dear brother Ed at Lake Conroe. All's good. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now. Hugs all around.


No comments: