Skip to main content

THE BEST ISTE EVER -- Day 1 Reflections

Day 1, Saturday, June 22nd.

My stalwart MNPS Virtual Team, consisting of Dr. James Witty, Adrienne McNew, Michael Terry, Anna Harris, and Christine Van Loon, met at the airport, as described in an earlier post. After a fairly uneventful flight,
Adrienne, Chris, and Anna ponder culinary possibilities
we disembarked around 15 minutes late and cabbed it to the Wesin Riverwalk hotel. Due to the late schedule and the even more damaging late flight, I missed an invitation only SIG Core Volunteer event, the first of several, but I was looking forward to the event, which included a riverboat tour.That said, we got all checked in, walked down to the conference center, got our registration out of the way, and popped over the Hyatt, were there were to meet later for an MNPS district get-together. Of course, all my Virtual Environments peeps were standing out front and I got my first hugs of the week. Marianne, Malmstrom, Kae Novak, Sarah Rolle, Chris Luchs, the list goes on, and Andy Wheelock, my brother from another mother. They were wrangling Peggy Sheehy, on edge inside working on the next morning's EPIC Leadership event, so we headed off for dinner, and ended up at Durty Nellies Irish Pub. GREAT service, wild piano bar music and a full house. Afterwards we headed back to the Hyatt to the Presidential Suite where we met up with some of the 20 or so members from our school district in incoming ISTE President Kecia Ray's suite for beverages and hearty chat about our plans for the week. So Saturday, check, travel and social happenings.

Who is this mystery man and what is he doing at EPIC Leadership: Beyond the Hype of Gamification
Cognizant of an upcoming  early morning, I headed back to the hotel and got a relatively reasonable bedtime. Stay tuned for further reflections upon some amazing content starting (what?) 7 am on Sunday morning at THE BEST ISTE EVER. A teaser:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Periscoping a Fall Walk across Nashville's Pedestrian Bridge

On my final day of Fall Break, which I spent mostly knocking out home-focused honey-do items (though I did get to Marrowbone Lake for one morning of fishing), I decided to take a walk over the John L. Seigenthaler Memorial Bridge. I had never done it before! My goal was to take a 360 panorama for my little side project, Nashville360VR, which has been suffering lately from my dedication to my new job at Warner Enhanced Elementary School. I did that, and on a whim I Periscoped it. Here's the video of that which I saved locally. Folks popped in and out--I don't think I had more than 20 or so concurrent viewers, but all in all I received 251 peeks over the 13 or so minutes or so of the 'cast. You won't see chat or comments (or hearts :), but you can view the video. Here:

Thanks to 'scopers for dropping in. And thanks to the powers-that-be for such a gorgeous Friday afternoon!

Here are a couple normal "pano" shots I took on my iPhone:



That is all. Oh...

If yo…

THE BEST ISTE EVER: Day 4 Reflections

I'll get a start on it. Day 4 was the bomb. Here's the "moneyshot" again  to prove it:

Tuesday morning I actually slept in until 7:30, had a good workout, and dressed smartly for my photo shoot at 11:20. I'd been asked by ISTE to be a poser and you know me, I couldn't resist. But that did mean I was in slacks and had to haul my blue blazer around all day. That's okay though, I look forward to recognizing myself in some upcoming issue of Learning and Leading with Technology. If you check out last month's issue you'll see Andy Wheelock's personable self gracing the inside front cover--like that. You should also catch Andy's article from the May L&LT: http://www.learningandleading-digital.com/learning_leading/201205?pg=5#pg28

I actually had a sit  down breakfast at the Hilton's Riverwalk restaurant, and the breakfast wrap was good but I never had a coffee refill and no one actually checked in with me at any time. I had to flag down a …

Nations Homes Video

...and, by way of overcompensation for my recent radio silence from scottmerrickdotnet, here's a little video composed of photos take from New Years Day 2016 up to June1. Enjoy: