Monday, February 23, 2015

ArtistSignal -- a Plea for a Couple Clicks Before March 1

Hey, y'all,

I have recently been appealing via social media for folks to give a few clicks to Tim Buell's (my future son-in-law's) band, Remedy Drive, on ArtistSignal.com. I want to apologize if that vote-mongering is in any way offensive to any of my friends, followers, or flock. That said, and said sincerely, I hope you understand that I have been doing so because:

1) Remedy Drive have for several months been running a very close second to each month's $10,000 award winner,
2) This band, whether you are of the Christian persuasion or not, has created one of the richest, most eloquent, most enjoyable listens of the year in the album, Commodity,
3) Their powerful spotlight on human trafficking deserves a spotlight of its own,
and
4) Supporting this small band of brilliant young musicians seems the right thing to do.

If you don't know the backstory of the recording, you can learn more about its leader's clandestine journey to an unspecified Far East country to work with Exodus Road in order to help rescue young human beings caught in the web if international sex and slave trafficking at their Wikipedia page or at their website. Heady stuff, and again, worthy of recognition.

Give Commodity a listen and vote (I vote hourly!) at ArtistSignal.com . This month's competition is almost over, and the lead they have held all month is threatened by a New Zealand band who, I'm sure, is almost as worthy. But not this month, please.

I thank you in advance!

Scott in Nashville

No comments: