Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Rethinking, Recommitting




A quick update on my employment situation. I had a very sincere chat with my Principal last week after meeting with my Lead Principal the week before. Talking with her had led me to better understand the very large budget cuts experienced by Virtual School for the coming year. District Leadership has changed, support for our growth has waffled, and money is tight. That helps me to look at the coming year as one of change in my relationship to this project, but not its termination. As of now I am looking at a half-time position as v-teacher for the academic year 2016-17. The hours will be flexible, contact with the middle schoolers I taught this year will continue and expand, and I will hopefully be making positive differences in those young people's lives.

I was thankful for the chat and just wanted to share it here. If and when our enrollment justifies it, I am confident I will be offered the full-time position, perhaps even a version of my current position, once more.

Change is.

All that said, I am looking for work to supplement my greatly reduced income and I am certain I will find it. Keep me in mind, whether it's a teaching position or something you think a personable, honest, principled and educated senior can do--hopefully something that will contribute to community. I have a few ideas and I've sent out a few feelers, but please keep your ear to the tracks for me. Networking can't hurt, can it?

 My best to you and yours. Carry on!

No comments: