I received emails from the NECC2009 programs committee yesterday announcing that two of my proposals have been accepted, both for 3 hour hands-on workshops relating to Second Life. Presentation proposers--Don't panic if you haven't heard about your own proposals yet: These came early since they required a change in venue from PC to Mac labs due to NECC logistics.
Here are the titles and session descriptions:
| Introduction to Education in Second Life: n00bs UNITE! | |||
| Session Description | Highly experienced ISTE Second Lifers will help interested but "skills-challenged" educators explore this rich virtual platform for its value in teaching and learning. |
| Educators' Toolbox and Skill Set: Instruction and Presentation in Second Life | |||
| Session Description | Become a skillful user of the most exciting immersive environment available. Acquire skills and tools that will serve you well in any education setting. |
Yippeeee! And thanks to my directors at both University School of Nashville and the Vanderbilt Center for Science Outreach for ongoing support as I reach out to other educators through conference presentations and collaboration!!!
1 comment:
Congrats, Scott. I'll make a mental note to put these on my schedule while I'm in D.C.
Post a Comment