Sunday, January 01, 2023

Happy 2023!

 Happy New Year, y'all!

We had a fun get together yesterday, the last day of 2022, at our home in The Nations Nashville. I didn't take any pics because I was properly dedicated to enjoying the moment and the unique group of people we had in the rooms. After record low temperatures and snow, and rain, and wind, the weather took mercy on us and we had temps in the 60s, allowing me to open both front and back doors wide. The drop-in party was cleverly scheduled for 1pm to 5, and the 30 or 40 friends, family, and neighbors amiably killed a case+ of beer, 2 magnums and 4 bottles of Segura Viudas Brut, an affordable but delicious bubbly which is a staple of our home bar, along with 3 bottles of red wine and maybe 5 of white. We had sent out a Paperless Post invite only a week before, figuring if only a handful of folks showed up it would all be good. Turnout was impressive.

It all went swimmingly well and I am thankful for everyone who showed up. I wish all of them a happy 2023, along with all of you, which I am well aware is just another handful, but clearly one with discerning reading tastes.

This morning we started out the year with a bottle gifted by a guest, and sadly I have no idea which one or which couple brought this for us. Going from a packed fridge to a nearly empty one, save for 6 new and diverse bottles of bubbly, we figured that before Lee Ann had to go into work to oversee a store deep-cleaning by a new service, we'd better get started. We opened the Prosecco, which was incredibly cold and pleasing. I did a little food prep while my love sought something New Years related to watch while we ate (we settled on the 2018 Steve Martin and Martin Short New Years special. I plated a meal we have often, Nova Salmon with sides on an Everything bagel. DElicious:

New Years morning gnosh

As we ease into the new year, I want to reaffirm my gratitude to life for keeping me along for the upcoming next ride around our sun. I am completely blessed, whether by God or Fate or just (and I mostly suspect this is the one) pure blind Luck. 2023 marks the 40 years I have known the love of my life, and just how did that happen? Just lucky I guess. Here's a pic from the past to celebrate:

5 years ago at Couples Negril in beautiful Jamaica

That is all for now. I have a dishwasher to unload. May you be as lucky as I in your own way for 2023 and always.

No comments:

Aaaaaaaaand, May

 Hi y'all. May 6th here. Up in the morning and dedicated to getting something online for this month so here: Up at 6:30 a.m. after sleep...